La Liga: Real Madrid ‘won’t go to the US’ – club president Florentino Perez said
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has the “outright rejected” the La Liga’s plans to the stage of a game in the USA.
Spain has top flight which he has agreed to play the one game of the season in the USA as the part of a 15-year deal with media company.
The Spanish FA and Footballers’ Union have previously criticised the plan with Perez adding it was “not in the interests” of the clubs or fans.
“We won’t go to the United States,” he said.
“I don’t know that who are interested in the play but this is not in the interests of the clubs or the supporters, so we outright reject it.”
Earlier this month, Girona and Barcelona along with the La Liga asked the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) for the permission to move a match between the Catalanclubs to Miami.
On Friday the RFEF said that it could not be given authorisation until it received more of the information.